Sunday, September 30, 2007

Last Stretch

Several years ago my dad bought himself a Honda Goldwing. Let me tell you, the man is quite proud of that shiny red motorcycle. It's a third child to him and he is saving for another one. (Where he plans on putting a third cycle, I haven't a clue.)

Shortly after buying his motorcycle, my dad got the idea to ride every road in North Dakota. He has spent many days out riding around the state and last night he finally finished his last stretch of road. He has had quite the journey and if anyone ever asks about it, they will be listening to his stories for quite some time.

Congratulations, dad! The enthusiasm and dedication you have for your hobbies is inspiring. You've shown me it's possible to tackle any project I may give myself, even one the size of North Dakota.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

The first time I was on a motorcycle was on the back of your Dad's. Hmm, haven't been on one since! Congrats to your Dad!

Girl of Approval said...

That's awesome!!!!!


I never thought I'd see him finish, it just seemed like too big of a task or one that a person wouldn't want to end.

What's next on his to-do list?