Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tacos and TV

I had plans of working on lesson plans this evening, however I forgot my book at the school. Turns out I wouldn't have used it anyway.

After eating a healthy supper of Taco John's, my husband and I tuned in for the new season of "The Biggest Loser." (We're obviously learning how to be healthy eaters by watching this show.) I'm not a big fan of reality television, but for some reason I really love this one. I find it truly inspiring and there is rarely a week that I don't cry. I've never struggled with my weight and probably never will, so to see people who do struggle working so hard to change their lifestyle is moving. Food is not my vice, but I know how hard it can be to make healthy choices and give up those things that are not beneficial to your body. There are times I find exercising extremely difficult (and annoying), so I can't even imagine what the contestants are going through. All their hard work pays off, though, and I can't wait to see the progress each one of them makes.

This show makes me want to better myself - it gets me excited about exercising and making better food choices. Let's just hope that the thrill doesn't wear off by Wednesday mornings because I definitely need the motivation right now.

No comments: