Friday, October 5, 2007

Week in Review

MONDAY

On Sunday night my breathing got so bad that I was taking my inhaler as often as I could and it still wasn't helping. Monday morning I called in sick to work and went to the clinic to see what they could do. I was given a prescription for Methylprednisolone, a steroid used to help breathing problems. I also got scolded for not having a 'regular' doctor to see regarding my asthma but told that my name was very pretty.


TUESDAY

On Tuesday, the school received the student's school pictures that were taken a few weeks ago. I had the pleasure of handing out the 9th-grade pictures during class today and, as expected, every girl said something along the lines of "I hate my picture. I look so stupid." These girls have no idea what bad school pictures look like. They have never seen my elementary school pictures or my favorite - the 7th-grade picture. This photo includes bangs that barely fit onto the picture and a shirt of my mothers, black and white checkered with shoulder pads. I should find that picture and bring it in for them to see. Maybe next year they won't complain when they get their pictures back.


WEDNESDAY

I have seen my mom prepare lasagna several times during my lifetime. While it was always delicious, I'm not sure how she could put that much time and energy into one meal. My husband's mother buys the pre-made, frozen lasagna and simply throws the container in the oven for an hour. Can you guess which route my husband and I go? Nothing beats 2 pounds of pre-made lasagna for $2.89!


THURSDAY

Thursday nights are always very relaxing at our place. Every week, we tune in for "My Name is Earl" and "The Office." I always look forward to these nights because I know I will always get a good laugh.


FRIDAY

Tonight was my school's last home football game. It was cool and rainy - nothing quite like the other games we had. I took tickets like usual for the first half of the game but spent the second half of the game working in my classroom instead of watching the game. The best part of the night was the popcorn that the science teacher was nice enough to buy for me.

2 comments:

Girl of Approval said...

School pictures...indeed invoke nightmares. I had poodle perms, mullets, and other tales of terror. You may win though with those bangs in 7th grade. :)

Hope you are feeling better and that you find a doctor to watch your asthma. This is not the first time you've been admonished for that. Take heed, my friend. :)

Karen said...

I loved this post! I always thought I looked so ugly in my school pictures too, but now that I see everyone elses... they looked the same as me. That was just the style back then!

Also, lasagne is a lot of work, but that frozen stuff just isn't that great. I like to make huge batches of spaghetti sauce to keep in the freezer for just this sort of thing and that cuts way back on the time.

Last but not least... Thursday is our tv night too! Well, at least before the season ended. Now we watch Jeopardy everyday!