Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mail Day

Today my husband's mail consisted of his father's cable bill and a letter containing retirement information. Apparently the post office can't keep names straight if they have the same initials.

My mail, addressed to me and not my mother, was quite exciting. I received a letter from my senator, thanking me for contacting him regarding my support for the Global Warming Pollution Reduction Act. While I know this was a generic letter that his office sends out to everyone, it made me happy to hear about the things he is doing. It also made me realize that I need to get more involved in politics and the issues that are important to me.

While I will never give up my trashy celebrity gossip magazines, I can set aside more time to start reading (and writing) articles of substance.

No comments: