Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Norton

My sister texted me last night to tell me that her goldfish, Norton, had tried killing himself. Apparently she came home to find the little guy laying outside his bowl. She got him back in the water but said he was having trouble swimming.

I got another message a short time later telling me that Norton had died. I feel really bad for my sister - Norton was her little buddy, someone to keep her company while she worked until all hours of the night on her clothing. She told me that they even ate lunch together. I can just see my sister feeding him his fish food and sitting down with her own meal, talking to him about her day.

While I understand he was just a fish, it's still sad. It's interesting how attached a person can get to something, even something small enough to fit in the palm of your hand.

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

I'm so sorry about Norton. I completely understand her pain... losing any pet is horrible to a true animal lover. Give her a hug for me.