Saturday, September 15, 2007

Big Boy

My husband and I are creatures of habit. We will start something on a whim and before we know it, it's a new tradition.

One of my favorite customs is our Friday night meal when we get back to our hometown. The first place we stop before seeing anyone is Big Boy. There is nothing like an Alpine Burger (or pizza burger flying style in my husband's case) and a big box of fries with gravy. (Again, my lessons from Biggest Loser are really helping!) We sit in our car while we eat (our Big Boy is a drive-thru only) and watch all the teenagers dragging Main Street. Oh, to be that young again - just kidding! After our meal, we head to the nearest gas station and buy Zingers. My husband gets the chocolate and I get the yellow. We swap one Zinger with each other so that way we can mix it up a little bit. We know how to get crazy!

Not only do we get to enjoy Big Boy food Friday evenings, we usually get to enjoy it all weekend as the smell refuses to leave the car until we leave town.

1 comment:

cdoc said...

Yum, I love Big Boy. Our family ritual is "Pizza Burger Flying Style, French Fries and Gravy". Makes me want to head home.