Friday, September 21, 2007

Homecoming

Tonight was my school's homecoming game and dance. The weather was a lot cooler this week than at the last game, but still an enjoyable evening.

Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) we lost the game. There were, however, a few good plays that I was able to follow! Hard to believe, I know. For those two brief periods where I knew what was going on, the game was actually fun!

While waiting for my husband after the game, my sister, cousins, and I waited in the hallway near my room. The hallway quickly filled up with girls in sparkly dresses and parents taking photos. I find the small town in which I teach to be a little weird - homecoming is a huge event for them (I gues it probably is for all small towns). The girls were dressed up as if it was prom and parents were hanging around as if it was the only thing to do on a Friday night. Interesting to say the least. I'm realizing more and more that I'm meant for a big school.

Later that night, my husband and I met my sister, cousins, and some friends for drinks and appetizers. My sister and I got to talk for a while about her future plans and the chips and queso really hit the spot. The evening was a lot of fun, but boy was I glad to come back home. It's been a long week and I'm ready for bed!

1 comment:

Girl of Approval said...

Small towns... my mom ran into the Mayor of Minto and he works with some guys who live in Drayton. They'd heard about selling a house and new people moving in. Yikes!

Not sure if I'm ready for that.