Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Catching Up 6 - The Aftermath, Etc.

The Aftermath

The wedding was wonderful, but not without casualties.

Three of the four groomsmen tore their pants and my father-in-law threw up on his vest. Two of the groomsmen were in a scuffle with a drunk friend (don't ask!) and this particular pair of pants belonged to the groomsman who thought he could do the splits. Need I say more? I didn't think so.


Etc.

This picture is of our unity sand jar. My husband and I chose to do this rather than the candle ritual because not only did we love the idea, but it worked much better outdoors than candles and fire. The white represents God's love and protection, the gray represents my husband, and the purple represents myself. I'm thrilled to have this beautiful memento of our marriage and look forward to that day when I come home and our children have either dumped it out or shaken the jar to blend the colors.

3 comments:

Girl of Approval said...

I have to admit I was surprised at how spiritual your ceremony was, just wasn't expecting that.

But that's an awesome piece to display, the sand, the flowers in the glass vases, and the cake topper. A wonderful visual of love.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Sounds like a wild wedding!

The unity sand thing sounds really cool!

Liz Harrell said...

Hey, it's not a wedding without torn pants (or in my husband's case... a torn collar). Sounds like it was a lot of fun!