Saturday, September 22, 2007

Downtown

The weather was beautiful today so a friend and I took advantage by getting out and taking some photos.

We wandered around the downtown area for several hours admiring the architecture of the old buildings (and discussing the sadness we feel with the lack of detail in the architecture of new buildings), discovering and capturing the unique little quirks that each park contained (painted wooden fish, faces constructed of concrete), and wandering into a few open shops to see what they had to offer.

Exploring this city has been fun and there are a few more places I would like to go before I leave the area. Having a camera is a great way to learn about the place in which you live and to help you see those things that normally don't get a second glance. My camera always helps me appreciate my surroundings a little more. There is always something beautiful to be found, even if you have to look really hard to find it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holly, that picture is so beautiful!!! I love how you captured it. Isn't downtown gorgous?? I love it. I'd love to see some more photos from your day out. Let's get together this week!!

...a taste of me said...

I LOVE this photo! The colors, the focus in on the somewhat weathered fish (go macro setting!) You should really sell your photos, they should be shared with all.

Girl of Approval said...

It was fun!

I think I have three pictures that I like out of the 155 I took. Yipes. :)

Hopefully we can go again sometime.