Monday, July 21, 2008

Sworn Officer

July 21st has been a special day for me and my husband. It has been a day marked with big occasions, happy occasions. Two years ago my husband and I got engaged and today my husband was sworn in as a peace officer.

Looking so very handsome in his blue pin-striped suit, my better half raised his right hand and swore to uphold the law. In a few short months he will be a police officer out on the streets, following in his father's footsteps. While it's not the safest of jobs, I am happy that my husband has chosen to follow his dreams and not settle for a career that didn't suit him. I'm so very proud that he will be serving our city and as our loan officer at the bank said "thank God there are people who are willing to do what you want to do."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats to him!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mitch---I am so very proud of you. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Way to go New Guy! Be safe!

Mrs. Fox said...

Congratulations! I was just about bursting with pride when my hubby graduated academy. I'm sure you were too. :) Most of the men who become officers are the sort who would rush into dangerous situations to help people anyway. At least this way they are trained, have back up, and a weapon.

teacherwoman said...

Congrats to your hubby! :)

Liz Harrell said...

Congrats to you both! I know you're so proud.

Kerri Farley said...

It takes a special person!
Congratulations!