Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lovin' the Laundry

I will not dust. You will not find me dusting unless it's an emergency. Have you ever heard of a dusting emergency? Exactly.

I don't mind washing the dishes by hand; it's the only thing I've ever known. In the winter, this chore is also a handy way for me to warm up.

I enjoy vacuuming, especially on carpet that shows those lovely clean lines. It's particularly satisfying when you have a visibly dirty floor.

My love, however, is laundry. Without a doubt, it is the best thing on the household chore list. I love every part of the laundry process, the sorting to the folding. I actually get excited when enough clothes have accumulated to wash a load or two (or three or four!!). It gets even better in the summer when I get to hang our garments on the clothesline. There is nothing quite as exhilarating as allowing your neighbors to see your underwear blowing in the breeze.

What is your least favorite chore? Favorite chore?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My least favorite chore is laundry. So you can do mine anytime.

I don't think I have a favorite. ;)

Amanda Jo said...

Can you come over to my house? I've been trying to climb laundry mountain for weeks now and I could really use somebody who loooves it. I loathe laundry! I only do it because I have to. :)

I guess the chore I enjoy most would be the dishes, it offers me instant gratification, which I'm all about.

Kerri Farley said...

I'm with Amber...I hate any cleaning/house work at all! And I have a hubby and 2 kids...so you can imagine my laundry pile...it is never ending!

VERY creative shot of the clothespins!!!

teacherwoman said...

Least favorite chore? scrubbing the toilets or washing the kitchen/bathroom floors.

Favorite chore? Probably vaccuuming!

Unknown said...

im with you on laundry, and hanging out clothes, but i dont hang out the undies.