Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Finds

Last week, the cute little tassel on my bookmark broke. I thought I was crafty enough to fix it - turns out I was wrong (who's surprised?). The bookmark is now just a rectangular piece of cardboard, no frill attached to the end. My husband is thoroughly disappointed by this; he no longer gets the strings dangled in his face as he's trying to sleep.

My sister stepped in last night with a replacement bookmark. It's tassel free but the magnets are just about as fun. The bookmark opens up like a card, your page is slipped between the flaps, and two magnets keep the marker wrapped around your page. I had never seen a bookmark like that so I had to share (in case there are others like me who are behind the times). I wish I had thought of something this clever! Not only can you use it at the top of your page, you can use it at the side of your page to mark the line you're on! Brilliant! It is even advertised that these bookmarks can be used with one hand. Unlike those pesky old bookmarks that require two or more hands to operate? Well, at least my struggles with the complicated markers are over! If you check out the Magnetic Bookmark website, you'll find oodles of designs. Try to look past the ridiculous intensity of the site. The creators are just VERY excited about their products.

For more Friday Finds, visit Amber at Viva Voce.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a bookmark with a tassle too.

These magnetic ones are really cool. I have never seen one before.

Liz Harrell said...

Sigh. Even your bookmarks are classy! :)

Mine usually consist of old receipts or bobby pins. :)

Mrs. Fox said...

I'm a fan of the magnetic bookmarks too. Although most of the time I just use an old post-it note. :)

Kerri Farley said...

Oh, very neat! Great for your sister to step in with a replacement :)