Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Snapshots

It was a little strange logging in this evening - I feel as if I've been away from blogland for ages! I know I haven't, but things have been so crazy around here that the four days since my last post seem like fourteen. I've missed posting and I've definitely missed reading all of your blogs - hopefully things settle down soon so I can remain a "regular."

I don't have a lot of time to write and my brain is tired from working through Pre-Calc, so I thought I'd just share a few snapshots from Saturday evening.

While eating dinner on the deck, a hot air balloon passed overhead. It was so exciting - I felt like a kid again. When my sister and I were younger, we used to see at least one hot air balloon a week, but now we rarely see them so Saturday evening was quite a delight for us!


A pesky wasp trapped himself in my husband's Powerade bottle.


My husband and I were the team to beat at bocce ball. We are definitely a better bocce ball team than croquet team. (Is it me, or do I look like the only one having fun?)


My father was the ref during the bocce ball match against the in-laws. (My dear mother was nice enough to take photos for me.)


While taking pictures of some flowers on the deck, the mothers felt they needed to get in on a few.


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

The weekend went way to fast!

I love the pic with the mom's! too cute.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! The bocce ball picture, everyone looks like they are concentrating so hard.

Cute!

Unknown said...

what a nice weekend! and excuse me but are you wearing long sleeves!? the wether must be gorgeous out there.

Kerri Farley said...

Looks like fun!! And Love the shot of the mothers in the flowers!!