Monday, August 11, 2008

Scolding

I need a scolding from all of you and I'm not kidding!

I've had my textbooks since the beginning of July and I have yet to do a "real" lesson plan for my Pre-Calculus class! I have lesson plans for the first chapter of both my Algebra I and Algebra II courses - an ideal situation because it gives me enough completed material until I really know my students and how we should run the class - but I haven't completed a single lesson for Pre-Calc. I've dabbled in the first two sections of the book but no official plan exists at this time. I've been avoiding Pre-Calc like I avoid eating carrots.

The first day of school with the students is August 21st which is 10 days away! To say that time is limited would be an understatement for everything I should get done. This morning I told myself no blogging, no Photoshop, no reading until I've completed my first three lesson plans. Obviously I've broken the first rule. I must confess that I've also broken the second rule; I spent the better part of my morning looking at and working on old photos. And to be completely honest, after I have some lunch, I'm planning on breaking the third rule. Yesterday, realizing I don't really have time to spare, I bought a book and checked out four others from the library anyway. They are now tempting me to open their pages to see what they have to offer.

Here's where you come in.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey at least you have like a week, school here starts here on wednesday and im having people in to the shop (heitz sign co does embriodery amongst other things) ordering thier shawe and pope john school shirts this afternoon and asking if they can have them tomorrow, after 2pm the answer is a resounding "no"

and ps im on my lunch break, im not blogging when i should be slaving away on the procrastinator's shirt orders.

Anonymous said...

Shame on you for procrastinating.

(I am good at this too)

You should be working.

(Yeah, I'm not really working either)

The children's futures depend on your math skills.

(I got nothing)

Now, don't you dare read this blog comment until you have at least started on your homework.

Go! Now!

teacherwoman said...

Isn't it funny how we find ten million other things that we would like to do when we know there is something that NEEDS to be done?! I am right there with you chica! If we were in the same town, I would suggest us grabbing lunch or coffee to waste some more time! hehehe.

You'll get it done. I am sure of it! :)

Kerri Farley said...

Oh you are so funny!

My daughter takes pre calc this year!