Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just a List

A cohesive, one topic post was not in the cards today - I could tell it wasn't happening the minute I sat down at the computer. That left me with the option of not writing and disappointing all of my wonderful readers (humor me) or composing a list of random thoughts with little or no importance whatsoever. Option two seemed like a good fit.

  • I completed one lesson plan for Pre-Calc yesterday. Not quite all I wanted to accomplish for the day (or week, or month, or summer!), but it's a start. It does gives me one day of not looking like a fool in front of the seniors and I suppose that's a good thing.
  • I have only run one Wednesday this summer and that was today. I have yet to run on a Monday and next week is my last chance if I want it to be considered a run during summer break. How does it happen that you miss the same two days of the week, every week, for ten weeks?
  • I started reading "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd earlier this week. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and was excited to find out this morning that they're making it into a film!
  • I also started reading "Photo Idea Index" by Jim Krause earlier this week. I greatly appreciate the approach this author has taken and thrilled with all I've been learning. The book is intended to "super-charge" creativity and I must say I had my doubts with that claim but I was wrong - I'm inspired!
  • I still miss the television show "Joan of Arcadia" even though it's been off the air for three years now. My family and I loved the show and were quite disappointed when it was cancelled after only two seasons (and after winning several awards!). It's hard to find good, quality shows on television anymore.
  • I get nervous watching the athletes compete during the Olympics. I unintentionally hold my breath until they've completed their performance or race and my hands are always a sweaty mess.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! I'm glad I was able to help you waste a few minutes of your day!

5 comments:

Amanda Jo said...

I know what you mean about holding your breath while watching the olympics!! I'm a nervous wreck too. Not only do I jump around on the couch when I think someone's about to fall off the balance beam but when the gymnasts get to the landing of their routines I find myself throwing my arms up like I am the one sticking that landing. For some reason I feel like doing that helps their landing be smoother.

Sorry, that comment was full of gramatical errors. :) I think they add to the comments charm.

Anonymous said...

I love The Secret Life of Bees. Ooh! I can't wait for the movie.

I hold my breath during diving, vaults and balance beam.

Everything else is too long and I guess, not has nerve wracking. :)

teacherwoman said...

I caught myself, for the 3rd time the other night, moving my shoulders when watching the guys do the butterfly in the pool. Maybe because it is my favorite stroke, but I royally suck at it and it makes me anxious!

Nice job on getting a lesson plan done!

Liz Harrell said...

I liked Joan of Arcadia as well! Have you watched Pushing Daises? I really enjoy that one.

Kerri Farley said...

My daughter has that Jim Kraus book. She loves it!! He has some WONDERFUL ideas!!

That's so funny about the Olympics...I am the same way. I watched the weight lifting yesterday and I almost passed out :)