Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Day of Summer

I learned last night that I will not be making it big with my croquet skills. Another lifelong dream shattered.

My husband and I celebrated the first official day of summer with the parents and a few games of croquet. The first game was played as individuals and I'm happy to report that I did not finish last. Second to last, but not last. I'm blaming it on the length of the grass. Had the lawn met official standards, I have no doubt that I would have been unstoppable. Being behind (WAY behind) did have it's pros, however. I learned I could hold my mallet with my feet. I may be able to make it big with this trick. Can anyone say "America's Got Talent?" Watch for me!

The next two games were played as couples and I have to admit that I think I may have chosen the wrong husband for a lifetime of this game. We definitely have a few things to learn about playing together on a team. We came in last both games (I'll take the fall for the first game, but I brought my A-game the second round and my husband was nothing short of a disaster) and now we don't get to display the trophy at our house. I see counseling in our future.

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a fun way to spend the first day fo summer .... outdoors and with family!

Love the skirt, by the way.... love it!

Anonymous said...

I used to play this with my parents all the time. I am better at jarts.

Mrs. Fox said...

I cannot play croquet without thinking of Alice and her flamingo. :)

Kerri Farley said...

Croquet is big when our family gathers together too! Sorry you didn't win :(