Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Finds

I have a love of buttons. I would venture to say it's a love bordering on obsession. Instead of getting into the crazy party scene in college, I got wild at thrift stores, buying each and every jar of buttons they had for sale. I've received buttons as gifts and even spent a "first date" on a hunt for buttons. I love buttons.

I originally bought all my buttons for a picture frame project (I will show you them someday when they are out of storage) and have a lot leftover. Not that this bothers me - I get a lot of enjoyment just looking at my buttons in their jars. I have, however, found a new project! Guess what everyone is getting for Christmas?

For more Friday Finds, visit Amber at Viva Voce!

Have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

I gave away a big bunch of buttons last year. I could kick myself now.

Anonymous said...

Those magnets are awesome!

I saw a button craft project a couple weeks ago and thought of you. I should have sent you the link. If I run across it, I'll remember to give it to you.

My mom has a whole cookie tin of buttons, most of them belonged to my grandma and great-grandma.

teacherwoman said...

Buttons are cool! I remember when I was younger and visiting my Great-grandma in NS, she had this vase that was covered in buttons, snaps, jewels, etc. I thought it was the coolest piece of decoration. Just another idea for you! The button magnets sound awesome!

Katie said...

Hey! Thanks for the blog love! I love buttons too...they are like polka dots. But in jar.

Amanda Jo said...

How cute! I love those magnest! I may have to start that crafting project too!!

Unknown said...

so cute! if for no other reason than to collect more buttons.

Ter said...

linked to you from Amber...

When I was a little girl, I had a hair elastic that had a button on it. I thought it was ultracool. Anyway then it broke off the elastic. Sometime Later I thought to put a magnet on it and turn it into a magnet. Well again That was pretty cool. But I haven't seen it since I moved here, so either I gave it away during a mad purging moment or its hiding somewhere. your post made me think of that and now I miss it. lol.

Kerri Farley said...

Neat button shot! I would love to see your picture frame project using the buttons!