Monday, August 18, 2008

Rockie Balboa

I don't normally post twice in a day - in fact, I don't think I've ever done it - but I didn't want to be a "negative Nancy" as my husband would say, so here is my complaint-free post.

Meet Rockie Balboa, my in-laws' boxer. My husband and I had the pleasure of dog-sitting her for a few days this past week. I had a lot of fun watching her, trying to figure out a reason for her randomness and contemplating what she might be thinking.

These things I do know for a fact. Her favorite activities include eating, sleeping, eating, begging for food and treats, eating, chasing imaginary bunnies, and eating. Her least favorite activities are being touched when you have food (and are unwilling to share) and going down the stairs into the basement. She will, however, quickly get over her fears if you have food in the basement. Have I mentioned she likes to eat?

I love her face in this photo. It was probably the tenth picture I'd taken of her in a span of five minutes and you could tell she was completely done with the whole activity. I'm pretty sure she was thinking "put the camera away lady - you've made enough memories."

5 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Oh, she is adorable! And you captured her perfectly!! What a great shot!!!

Liz Harrell said...

I'm convinced... those are the most expressionable dogs! Just look at that face!

Sorry to hear you're blue about returning to school.

Anonymous said...

awww. . . so cute.

Amanda Jo said...

I'm love that dog! She's awesome! Boxers are so much fun!

teacherwoman said...

what an adorable pup! :) makes me want to get a dog even more!