Monday, August 18, 2008

Last Day of Summer Break

Today is my last day of summer break. Needless to say, I'm not really a happy camper right now. I'm bummed that I have to go back because it means no more beautiful mornings to myself, no naps in the hot afternoons, and not being able to eat whenever I want (a big deal for someone who is hungry every three hours). This is the time of year that I'm envious of all you who work year-round because you're still in the "swing" of things, you're not starting over yet again.

The biggest downer of all this, though, is that another summer has come and gone and I didn't get nearly enough accomplished in regards to "non-school" things. (Not that I got a whole lot accomplished on the school front, either.) Did anyone else have a summer like that? I'm sitting here thinking it can't be over yet because I still want to do this and that and that and this!

So, I'm going to sit here and be crabby and negative for a few minutes and then I'm going to suck it up and enjoy my last day of break. I'll be back later with a nicer post. Thanks for listening to my complaints.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summers always go by too quickly!

I hope you have a wonderful first day of school.

Sorry you are so bummed out, I can't blame you though. :)

Unknown said...

go hang a load of laundry, you will feel much better.

Goldfish said...

I know what you mean. I had a list too, but I only got a bout a quarter of it done! :(

Kerri Farley said...

Time itself seems to go by faster and faster. I know it really isn't but it sure seems to.