Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Well, it's better late than never!

My husband and I headed back home last weekend to spend Mother's Day with our wonderful mothers. Like a broken record I must report that it was a great time.

FRIDAY
For those of you who know us or those of you who have been reading this blog, I’m sure you can guess where my husband and I ate dinner on Friday evening when we rolled into town. Yes, that’s right - Big Boy. My husband and I decided that when we move back, it might have to be our “regular” Friday night meal. We make healthy choices. If you ever need any advice, don't hesitate to ask!

Later that night, my sister entertained my family with some of her music. She recently spent a few days by herself out at a cabin, focusing on writing and recording her music. The songs she played for us were absolutely wonderful. I am amazed at all the talent this girl has. I wish she'd share! (Let's get real - how fun and exciting is a gift for math? Exactly.)




SATURDAY
Woke up to snow showers. Apparently April showers bring May showers, not flowers. Perhaps May showers will bring June flowers. We’re all getting a little anxious to see some color!

Early afternoon was spent discussing housing plans with a local builder. After looking at a handful of houses during our past visits, my husband and I decided that building is the direction we wanted to go. Not only do we get to decide the way we want things, it will be a nice feeling to know that we were the only people to live in the house (especially for a germ-freak like me). One of the things I’m most excited about, though, is the geothermal heat pump that we’re looking into. It would be a great investment for us (this girl will not be staying warm with the price of natural gas) and it's better for the environment. Needless to say I cannot wait for things to get started!

My parent’s excitement for the weekend was their little trip into the 21st-century. They decided to hop on the big-screen bandwagon and modernize with a little plasma. While this new piece of technology is exciting, my parents still have a bit more work to do. There are bunny-ears to get rid of and a decade-old computer that needs to be retired. This is a start, though! While my father and husband spent the afternoon setting everything up (and “testing” it out with Terminator 3), I cleaned out my old bedroom. One disadvantage about building a house is that we will be homeless for a few months. This means we will be moving in with my parents. This means I will need to make room for our things. This means I will need to get rid of some things. I’ve already ridded the room of two big bags of garbage and three donation bags, but there is still more to do. I will have to share a couple of finds from the day with you.

The evening was spent playing cards and drinking wine. While I don’t drink, it was fun having my water in a wine glass. Look how mature and sophisticated I look!






SUNDAY
Happy Mother's Day! (Unfortunately I didn't have my camera when I was at my in-law's so I will have to get a picture of my dear mother-in-law next time!)


3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Great post! Glad to see you are sticking around blogland!

So you guys are building!?! That's awesome! Are you looking at a particular part of town?

Anonymous said...

My mom loves Big Boy. Every time she comes to visit we go there!

Kerri Farley said...

You have got some EXCITING times ahead of you! We don't have "Big Boy" around here anymore....most of those are called Shoney's now...It's the same, right?? Or similar??