Monday, May 26, 2008

Week in Review

This past week just slipped away from me! Life has definitely been moving in fast-forward these past few days!


WENDESDAY

After school, my husband and I went to visit the science teacher and her husband to congratulate them on their new baby girl (she is absolutely adorable!). The science teacher and I started at the same time as first-year teachers and have grown close over the past two years. My husband and her husband developed a friendship during the football season as coaches. Wednesday was the last day we will see them before we move and while I am excited to get back home, I'm heartbroken at leaving this couple. We've had a lot of fun together, but not enough and I wish I could take them with me. I know that's how life goes but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.


THURSDAY

The last day of school! Excitement was my dominating emotion of the day, but I must admit that there were a few tears shed. I couldn't help but get emotional when a group of 7th-grade girls came in to give me good-bye hugs and tell me that they'll miss me. I also got a card, thanking me for my time and effort at the school and for making difficult concepts easy to understand. It made me happy to hear that I didn't lead everyone completely astray (a small miracle!), but it also made me sad to know that I won't get to see how well they do as 8th-graders. Overall, it was a good two years. I learned more than I ever thought possible and look forward to learning even more at my new school.


FRIDAY

My first day of summer break! It definitely didn't feel that way; it felt more like a Saturday. I don't think it will feel like summer break until I've been out of school a week or two. I spent my Friday reading, packing a few more things up (we move May 31st!), and watching a Lifetime movie. Yes, I know I'm horrible. In my defense, the movie was based on the novel "The Dive from Clausen's Pier" which I had read a few years back and had enjoyed.

I know this post is late, but I still wanted to share my Friday Finds with you. While reading my trashy celeb-gossip magazine (again, I know I'm horrible), I came upon two interesting articles in the "real people" section. I used to skip over this section, but have come to realize that it often has interesting stories and this particular issue did not disappoint. The first article was about Devil's Pool at Victoria Falls in Zimabwe, Africa. During the dry season, people are able (and willing!) to swim inches from the edge of a waterfall. Check out some photos here. It's quite amazing and beautiful, but you'd never catch me in that pool! Just looking at the photos gets my heart rate up. The second article was about the International German Beard Championships, where men from different countries compete to win the honor of most unique beard. I think some of these men have too much time on their hands! For more Friday Finds, visit Amber at Viva Voce.


SATURDAY

My in-laws, husband and I attended my husband's cousin's graduation open house. It was fun to see a town I had never been to (or at least don't remember ever having been to) and enjoy the delicious food that was being served.


SUNDAY

I spent most of the day laying on the couch reading and sleeping trying to get over a nasty cold I got Friday night while my husband did a little packing and wall puttying. It was a pretty lazy day, but a necessary one before this coming weekend.


MONDAY

Today was very similar to yesterday in that my time was spent laying on the couch working on getting rid of this cold. I'm very much looking forward to being healthy again! Lucky for me there was a "John and Kate Plus 8" marathon on and I got to see quite a few episodes I had never seen. My husband spent the morning and afternoon working and is now currently cleaning those parts of the apartment that he can get to. It's starting to look like we're moving around here!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sick too, huh? It made for a very lazy weekend.

Those pictures are amazing of the waterfall.

I watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 too. Aaden is my favorite. :)

teacherwoman said...

Ahh, we still have a couple days left of school, a teacher work day, and then we are done!

I hope you are feeling better and good luck with the move! Such an exciting time for you both!

Kerri Farley said...

What a busy week! Hope you got over the cold!!