Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Love of Learning

There are eight teachers, including myself, that are leaving my school at the end of the year. Today the school threw a "Farewell Party" for those of us leaving. As a beautiful going-away gift, I received a Willow Tree figurine entitled "Love of Learning." I thought this was absolutely perfect. It's hard not to be inspired when I see this sculpture and the words "Open books, open minds." I will have to remember to look at this on those tough days when I wonder why I joined the education profession. I joined the education profession because of my love of learning. I joined the education profession to inspire others to love learning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great gift. I have many willow tree angels.

Unknown said...

I love it!

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely gift!

Teachers are special people! My mom was a kindergarten aid and I have two sisters that are teachers.
My grandfather, many uncles and aunts have been teachers also.

I definitely don't have the gift for teaching...I like to learn....but don't have the patience for the kids.