Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Find

Today I am taking part in "Friday Finds," an activity that Amber at Viva Voce started. Every Friday she posts something funny, interesting, crafty, etc. that she has found (and she has found some great things!) and last week she asked her readers to find something to share for this week's edition. Here goes my first attempt at "Friday Finds!"

Photography is not only a hobby for me, it's the only way I decorate my home. The photo above is of my living room wall which contains nothing but simple, cheap black frames with my photos in them. I love this wall - it makes me happy to come in the room and see my photos displayed for everyone to see. I love being able to share my work with those who come to visit. This brings me to my 'Find.'

While on the plane during our honeymoon, my husband and I browsed through one of the magazines the airline provided and we found an ad for Canvas on Demand. This company will turn your photos into canvas art. There are many different sizes, framing options, and finishing techniques available and while they are a little spendy, it would definitely be something fun to save up for. I hope to have a canvas of my own in the future - it would be another wonderful way to display my photography!

3 comments:

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I'm glad you decorate with your own photos, I do the same.

I would like to get one of mine "canvased", but it would haft to be one of my photos that I'm most proud of.

Anonymous said...

That wall looks fabulous! You'll have to post some of your pictures! :)

Thanks for particpating!

Hope you have a good weekend.

Kerri Farley said...

I LOVE your wall!