Friday, August 10, 2007

Catching Up 1 - Sister Day

I have quite a bit of catching up to do so I thought I would avoid thank-you cards and school work a little longer and work on my blog. Can you blame me?

I recently spent a week and a half back in my hometown, preparing for and celebrating my wedding. My next few posts are going to cover all the things I was able to do and share with my friends and family during that time.

The evening I arrived home, my mother and I went downtown to visit my sister at her booth at the outdoor public marketplace. Every Thursday during the summer, local artists, crafters, food vendors, farmers, and entertainers gather on the streets to showcase their talents and sell their goods. My sister is one of the many, talented individuals involved and I'm thrilled that she's helping bring a little culture to our way-too-conservative state. While visiting, I looked through some of the photos she had for sale and was awestruck. She had amazing work displayed and it inspired me. We decided then and there to go out and spend an afternoon taking photos.

While we didn't get a whole afternoon with our cameras - it was more like an hour - we both got some wonderful shots. We only made it one block from her apartment so that means we have a lot more of the city to cover next time I get home. I can't wait! It was a fun time and it made me realize how lucky I am to have a sister with whom I can share this hobby. Below is one of my favorite shots from the day.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Love this shot. I need a sister day. She is my favorite person in the whole wide world. :) There really is nothing like a sister. Hope you are well there!

Girl of Approval said...

Great pic. I envy sister days. :)

Though, my brother did call me at work and tell me to stick metholated things up my nose. I wouldn't give that up for anything. :)

...a taste of me said...

You are so talented! What a great shot! You definitely have the photographer eye...

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Found your blog through Anna's. This image stood out to me.