Sunday, August 12, 2007

Catching Up 2 - Stickers & Flowers

I've been doing a wonderful job at avoiding the thank-you cards. They are still not done. (My mom should never have told me she just got her thank-you card from a wedding she attended in June.) My husband said we need to do them tonight after dinner since he won't have any time during the week so I thought I had better blog while I can.

The day after our photo outing, my sister and I got to spend more quality time together playing with stickers. My husband and I bought little stickers with cute phrases such as "Happily Ever After" and "To Have and to Hold" to put on the bottom of Hershey Kisses. It was a fun little project. Of course, my sister had a system and got way more Kisses done than me but in my defense I did have to get pictures to document the day!


Two days later (two days before the wedding), my sister and I were back in the living room with our cousin working on the bridesmaid's bouquets. The flower lady was apparently color blind and thought when I said I wanted the bouquets to have purple and white tulips that I really meant I wanted purple and hot pink tulips! Needless to say we all thought they looked horrible so my sister and cousin, being the crafty girls they are, offered to help me tear them apart and redo them. This mistake turned out to be a little blessing. The three of us had a blast and the bouquets looked a lot better after we did them than they had when we received them. This made us think we should go into the wedding planning business. As if that wouldn't be a little crazy!

3 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

I just got a thank you note from my new cousin in law... a man! I was shocked and honestly very impressed that my cousin (Emily) snagged such a progressive guy. Maybe this will be a new trend :)

Girl of Approval said...

You are wearing the cutest dress!!!!

Also, the flower lady was just... um, not trying to do her job, apparently. Who knows. I'd get my money back, baseball bats always work for that.

...a taste of me said...

Sounds like you gals had a great time! Sounds like something I'd love to do-crafty things with my favorite sisters!