Thursday, August 30, 2007

School Moments

Wednesday's frightening moments:

I realized I am the grown-up. This happens every day during class (as I suppose it should) and usually when I hear myself saying "this is your only warning." Yikes. I'm still waiting for one of my students to step forward and take the position.

A student of mine (a junior in high school) tells me she does not know how to calculate what her paycheck should be. Folks, this is obviously the girl to employ!

Wednesday's "I'm glad I'm a teacher" moments:

A student I had last year in Algebra I told me that Algebra II (with the other math teacher) has been really easy this year and proceeded to thank me. For what, I'm not quite sure. I'm certain this kid is smarter than me - he probably should be teaching my classes.

A parent told me that her son was hoping to have me for a teacher again this year because I explain things really well. Apparently he wasn't paying attention during class.

1 comment:

Girl of Approval said...

I feel like that every time I want into the bank to talk about a mortgage or when I see our realtor. I keep thinking I must be kidding myself and should instead be buying a doll house.

Does one ever feel truly grown up? I hope not. :o)