Monday, August 20, 2007

Catching Up 4 - The Day Before

The day before my wedding was nice and relaxing. My sister, cousin, and I had lunch at a local restaurant located inside a drug store. I never knew the restaurant existed - apparently you can still learn new things about your hometown after 26 years! When my sister told me about the place and mentioned that every Friday they had cheesebuttons, I was sold. The place was buzzing with cute little old people and business people on their lunch breaks. The meal was delicious and on our way out my cousin was able to buy a tube of rash cream! It doesn't get much better than that!

That evening, we worked on our fingernails and then I got in some quality alone time with my sister. We talked about our past, the present, and where we were going in the future. We laughed, we cried - the usual sister stuff. I wanted to get to bed early, but that didn't happen. Once I finally did turn the lights out, I didn't sleep all that well. I tossed and turned all night. My heart would not stop fluttering in my chest and my stomach insisted on doing somersault after somersault despite all the PeptoBismol I was feeding it. I was quite relieved when the morning came.

No comments: