Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day

Today was my first day of school with the students. I had a very good day and I think the year will go well. I definitely have a lot of good, fun kids in my group. And of course, I already know what students I will have to look out for. They will keep me on my toes! I look forward to seeing how they all contribute to the class and can't wait to learn from each and every one of them. It's amazing how much you learn as a teacher. I've only been teaching for a year, but I learned more than I ever thought possible in that first year. It should be interesting to see what I learn this year.

Every year while growing up, my parents took a picture of my sister and me on our first day of school. We would show off our new school clothes and backpacks while pretending to be walking out the door. Well, I continued this tradition during college, for my first day of student teaching, and now as the teacher. I will, of course, have to send this picture to my mom tonight since she will be waiting to see it.

2 comments:

...a taste of me said...

I'm so glad you had a good first day of school today sissy! I spent today driving to Colorado with Sara and Ryanne. The ride went fast for 12 hrs. It's nice to be here. I'm looking forward to talking to you maybe later this week or weekend!

Girl of Approval said...

Do you get those same first day of school jitters? I always felt like it was New Year's day on the first day of school... filled with possibilities. I always dropped that idea rather quickly. Some how, I never became cool after 3 months of summber vacation.