Saturday, August 18, 2007

Catching Up 3 - Rehearsal

Rehearsal was two days before the wedding. August 2 at 2:00. Our pastor thought this a perfectly humorous time as we had previously decided on August 4 at 4:00 for the wedding. Why not August 3 at 3:00? Well, she had another wedding to officiate on Friday, so lucky for me we got to have all our events on even days at even times!

The day was absolutely beautiful, which worked out great since our ceremony was to take place outdoors. I kept my fingers crossed that the day of the wedding would be just as beautiful as rehearsal. After introductions were made and a welcome prayer was said, our pastor went through the wedding day events. Surprisingly it was my bridesmaids that got in trouble with the pastor for talking and not the groomsmen!

Everything went fine and dandy (I mean, how hard is it to pretend you're walking down an aisle?) until the vows. I surprised myself with a stomach full of butterflies and then bawling while trying to get my half of the vows out. I never expected that to happen! Needless to say, I was unable to use my outdoor voice as the pastor had instructed. My husband on the other hand does not have an indoor voice, so he had no problems.

After rehearsal we all headed over to my in-law's house for dinner, games, and chit-chat. I had so much fun. We have great families and chose a wonderful wedding party!










2 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

What a fun rehearsal! That looks like my kind of party.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Glad you stopped by my blog.

Sounds like a wonderful time indeed.