Friday, August 31, 2007

Catching Up 5 - Wedding Day

I can’t believe tomorrow will be four weeks since the wedding! (I can’t believe I’m only blogging about it now!) Time for me to have a little fun reliving that day.

The morning began with my hair appointment.


Then it was on to my make-up appointment. I never wear make-up and therefore know very little about the products and application, so I thought it best to go to someone who knew what they were doing. I went to the department store where Mitch and I met and the women who knew us while working there were just thrilled to see me dolled up for the big day.


After my hair and make-up appointments, my bridesmaids and I all met up to get ready together. It only took four ladies to help me get into my dress! During this time, my bridesmaids gave me "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" gifts. My sister gave me old, blue butterfly pins to put in my hair; my cousin gave me an old handkerchief with a blue flower on it, sprayed with my husband's cologne; my other cousin let me borrow her blue sapphire ring; and my friend gave me an anklet with a heart attached to it. They were beautiful gifts and it was so thoughtful of the girls to do that for me.



After the girls were ready, we headed out with the photographers and spent two hours taking pictures. It was a lot of fun and I can’t wait to see how they turned out!

At 4:00, the ceremony started. We couldn't have asked for a better day. The sun was shining and there was a slight breeze. The scenery and music were beautiful and I didn’t even cry! (I guess I got it all out at rehearsal.) Instead of performing the unity candle ritual, Mitch and I did things a little differently with a unity sand service. It has the same message, two lives coming together to form one new life, but is completed by each person pouring a different color sand from their container into a new, "unified" container. I will post a picture of our jar later.



Following the ceremony was the reception, dinner, and dance. The food was delicious and the dancing was a blast. Several guests told us we should throw more of these parties! (We will be sure to do that the next time we get married!) My husband and I definitely have family and friends who know how to have a good time!





The day went by so fast, as everyone said it would. It was absolutely perfect, though – everything I hoped it would be and more.

2 comments:

cdoc said...

Looks beautiful, I REALLY wish I could have been there. I tried. Glad it was all you dreamed of.

Girl of Approval said...

Thanks for the chance to be with you while you walked down the aisle. It was a beautiful ceremony. Seriously perfect except when she was callin' you Kelly. Whoever the hell Kelly is. I think Mitch has some explaining to do. ;)