Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Watership Down

I recently finished reading the novel "Watership Down" by Richard Adams. While I had my doubts when I began, the book turned out to be absolutely wonderful. It was much more than I ever could have expected from a novel about rabbits.

Finishing this book was bittersweet. While I was excited to start a new read (after all, I have all of my library finds waiting for me!), it was sad to leave behind the adventures and characters I had grown attached to visiting each and every day. This was one of those books where I felt as if the characters have been with me forever, as if I was living in the novel with them. I haven't read a book like this in quite a while. When I come upon a read like "Watership Down," I'm reminded of the beauty of our written language and the thoughts and feelings it can ignite in a person. I am always amazed that by simply picking up a book, you can live a whole other life. Even a life of rabbits.

2 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Thanks for the review, I've been considering reading this book! I think I will now. I just finished the Twilight books and desperatly need something else to read. Partly to fill my time, and partly to get those vampire sagas out of my head! ;)

Kerri Farley said...

Glad you enjoyed the book.

The picture is PERFECT!!!!