Sunday, March 9, 2008

Books and a Birthday

My husband and I headed back home this weekend and, like usual, I have nothing but good times to report. I feel like a broken record when I share the events from our weekends home, but we always have so much fun. My husband and I are very lucky to have such wonderful families and families who enjoy spending time together.

On Saturday afternoon, my husband and parents went to the local library's used book sale. During the last half hour of the sale, anything you could fit in a grocery bag was a $1.00. Being a bookworm, this was an extremely fun event for me! I could not get over the number and variety of books (or the price)! Altogether, I got 14 books and my dad got 2. For those math nerds like myself, that is $0.0625 a book. It doesn't get any better than six cents a book! And the best part? I found an old Pre-Algebra textbook! I could hardly contain my excitement over that find! Yes, I know I'm crazy - my husband informs me on a daily basis.


Saturday night was spent with my family and my husband's family, celebrating my mother-in-law's 50th birthday. We had a delicious dinner (some had too much wine) and played two new games.
The fathers decided to dress alike for the event and I told them I would show it off on my blog. I couldn't go back on my word, so here is their lovely photo. You've got to love a daughter/daughter-in-law that takes obnoxious photos and then posts them online for the world to see.


My mother-in-law, the birthday girl!


The Boy Team for game night. Since this is my blog, I'm going to say that the men really blew it and lost every game that was played that night. Good try, Boys!


The Girl Team for game night. Like I said, this is my blog, so I'm going to say that the women won every game that was played that night. Great job, Girls!


As always, the weekend went way too fast and I'm already looking forward to our next trip home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I Love it!!

Kerri Farley said...

What an absolutely fabulous post! I could "feel" your happiness and love for your family coming thru!

Your MIL looks GREAT to be celebrating her 50th....and the DADS looked cute in their matching outfits!

AND

GO GIRLS TEAM!!

Kerri Farley said...

Oh, and I meant to say also:

A GREAT buy on those books! I am a bookworm too!

Anonymous said...

This is coming from another participant from game night, your husband, and contrary to what you posted, the girls did not win a single game, the men won ALL of them.

Love you ;)