Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Other than not being able to spend the holiday with my husband, Thanksgiving break was wonderful. Most of my time was spent at my grandparents' farm, where my father's family gathers every year.

The trip to my grandparents' was entertaining, as to be expected when my sister is in a vehicle.


As soon as we arrived at the farm, the wine-tasting began.


My sister had honor of making the mashed potatoes this year. My grandmother's mashed potatoes are absolutely amazing. It can't have anything to do with all the butter and cream that she adds to them, can it?


Like usual, there was a ton of food and it was all delicious so everything had to be tried. I cannot remember the last time I ate so much.


Every year at Thanksgiving, butchered hogs are brought out to the farm and the family cuts up the meat for pork chops, ribs, and then later grinds it for sausage. My family makes wonderful sausage and I feel sorry for those who don't get to have homemade meat.


The afternoon passed quickly and night brought a beautiful sight. We had the unique opportunity to see a ring around the moon. (The picture doesn't quite do it justice; there's only so much one can do without a tripod.)


I am thankful for the wonderful family I have and the memories we make together every holiday. I cannot wait to see everyone again at Christmas.

2 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with family!!!

cdoc said...

Your sister is so cute! Will you be around for Christmas? If so, we should get together!