Thursday, November 8, 2007

Conferences - Round 2

Round 2 of parent-teacher conferences did not go as smoothly as last week. In fact, it didn't go smoothly at all for about half an hour. Long story short - both parents were yelling, I ended up crying, and the principal had to get involved. Professional, huh? I can't wait to see what spring conferences hold for me with this family!

On a happier note (which I'm trying to focus on), a mother of two of my students told me that she really wants me to continue teaching here at their school. It was nice hearing that, especially after my conference earlier in the evening. It's parents like her, with kids like hers, that make me happy to be part of this town and school. I'm going to try and keep her kind words with me when things get tough with other parents.

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Sorry to hear about the conferences. How frustrating. I am glad to hear something positive was pulled out of it, though.

Unknown said...

who are these yahoo parents yelling at you? i'll take'em out! no questions asked.

Kerri Farley said...

So sorry you had to deal with parents like that. I hope Spring will bring them in with a better disposition:)