Monday, November 5, 2007

Not You, the Other Holly

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Holly. (Hi, nice to meet you.) My husband also has a cousin named Holly. Whenever we spend time with my husband's grandparents, cousin Holly always manages to come up in conversation. Yesterday was no exception.

To keep from confusing my husband and me, grandma always quickly proceeds her cousin Holly stories with "Not you, the other Holly." I'm glad she tells us that because we probably would never have figured out that she wasn't talking about me (to me!). For example, during yesterday's visit: "Holly is due any day now. Not you, the other Holly." Really? I thought I was nine months pregnant and ready to give birth!

1 comment:

Kerri Farley said...

How funny!

Holly isn't a very common name.... at least around here.... I have only known one other Holly in my life. Nice to meet you Holly! I appreciate all of your comments on my blog.
I have been out of town for the weekend and am trying to get caught up with my blogging.