Sunday, October 21, 2007

60th Wedding Anniversary

My husband and I joined my father's family this weekend to celebrate the 60th wedding anniversary of my grandparents.

The afternoon began with an open-house for friends and family to come and congratulate the couple (let's just say there were dozens and dozens of treats and while the self-control theme was in my mind, it was not registering with my mouth). After the open house, we went to mass and then out to my grandparent's farm for dinner. It was a nice celebration and a great deal of fun seeing relatives that I hadn't seen since our wedding.

My grandparents are amazing people. They have experienced a lot together in their 60 years - much more than I could ever imagine. My grandfather has eaten 60 years of my grandmother's amazing cooking and my grandmother has listened to 60 years of my grandfather's crazy jokes. They have raised 11 beautiful children and spoiled 23 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren. The dedication they have shown for one another and their family is truly inspiring. I have been truly blessed to have these two people in my life.

Happy Anniversary grandma and grandpa!

No comments: