Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bowling & Pumpkins

My husband and I went home this weekend. While the time goes way too fast and I rarely get as much sleep as I'd like, it's still a lot of fun and I always look forward to going back.

So as not to break tradition, my husband and I ate at Big Boy when we rolled into town Friday evening. It was the start to my healthy eating weekend. I lost any self-control I had the minute we pulled into town. The "NO RULES" light flashed in my mind and I went with it! I'm sure it comes as no surprise when I say that I'm not feeling my absolute best right now and look forward to my visit with the treadmill tomorrow.

Saturday afternoon, my husband and I bowled in a charity event with my parents and several of their friends. I definitely did my fair share in bringing down the team's average. It was ugly! I bowled a 61 in my first game! This, of course, put me in a very crabby mood. (Those who know me well understand the love-hate relationship I have with the game and the mood swings I often have while participating). By the third game, however, I was feeling pretty good and managed to get over 100. Too bad that was our last game! Needless to say, I won't be joining any leagues any time soon.

Despite complaints from friends, my husband and I spent Saturday evening with our parents. We ate pizza, played cards, and watched the wedding DVD our photographer had made for us. It was a fun evening and hopefully we'll have time in the near future to see those friends that we didn't get to see this weekend.

This afternoon, my husband and I had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful fall day with our families out at the pumpkin patch. I have always loved going out to the pumpkin patch - it is a wonderful way to celebrate the fall season. There are great activities, such as the bale maze, pony rides (which my husband opted not to do this year - I'm sure the pony was thankful), a barnyard/petting zoo, a nature trail, and a pumpkin launcher. The pumpkin patch is a great place to watch families enjoying one another and the perfect place to capture beautiful scenery. Fall is definitely giving spring a run for it's money as my favorite season.

I hope everyone had as wonderful a weekend as I did!

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love the pumpkin patch! The pics are wonderful!

P.S. I can't believe how long your hair is! Beautiful!

Girl of Approval said...

I've never been to the pumpkin patch and am so officially jealous that I can't even stand it. :)

But looks like fun and I am so glad for the pony's sake, Mitch didn't ride. :)

Kerri Farley said...

Neat photo of you and your hubby! I never have photos of my hubby and I together - we're always the ones taking the picture... except for at Christmas... then we usually get one together.

I am getting caught up on your blog!