Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend in the Twin Cities

My husband and I spent the weekend with his parents in Minnesota. Here is a little re-cap.


SATURDAY
The ride to the Twin Cities was quite amusing. My husband, when not driving, acts somewhat like an 5-year old who just inhaled a pound of sugar. For entertainment he used my broken shoelace to spin his wedding ring around in circles. Of course this only lasted two minutes or so because he had other activities to get to. When our children are diagnosed with ADHD, we'll both know where they got it from.

We checked into our hotel to find little square pillows the size of my father-in-law's head. I thought they were quite cute and in the hotel's defense, they did provide two per person.

The afternoon and early evening was spent at the Mall of America. While shopping is not really my thing, I always enjoy browsing the specialty shops and eating foods I normally don't get to have.

SUNDAY
Sunday's event was the reason for our trip: the Minnesota Vikings vs. Philadelphia Eagles game. Football is BY FAR my least favorite sport and the one I know the least about but what can you say when your father-in-law offers you free tickets? (Yes is the correct answer here.) Despite the fact that I couldn't even follow the ball or understand any of the calls made, the game was enjoyable. As you can tell from our jerseys, we were not there supporting the Vikings. My father-in-law is originally from Philadelphia so our family was cheering on the Eagles and I'm happy to report that they won.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love the cities! But the Eagles? hehehe. Just kiddin'. Those Vikings aren't too impressive this year, yet.

Kerri Farley said...

That looks like so much fun! And a great shot of everyone together.