Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Student Again

I'm a student again!

Technically school started yesterday with my online business class, but I'm counting today as my first official day. Today I began my first on-campus accounting class, which required that I pack a backpack, find a classroom, and jot down a few notes.

I had the first-day jitters. My heart was racing, my stomach churning, my palms sweating. For a minute or two, I wondered what exactly I was doing. I couldn't help but think I was crazy for starting over again. Once class started, though, I was nothing but excited. It feels amazing to be the student again and I smiled the whole way home.


*Crickett thought she had to get in on my first-day-of-school photo. I figured I'd let her since she won't get to have any of her own.*

6 comments:

Karen said...

That's so great, I'm glad you had fun! The first day of school is always nerve-wracking.

p.s. Love your coat!

amber said...

How exciting!!

Oddly enough, I always loved the "smell" of the first day of school.

Love your coat!

Unknown said...

oh! such a cute picture Holly!

and your coat IS super cute.

teacherwoman said...

Yeah for new classes and adventures!

BTW, absolutely LOVE the coat!

____j said...

Cute jacket! Hope your first day of school was better than mine!

Kerri Farley said...

Congratulations! I think it is FANTASTIC that you are going back to school!!