Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Monday Ride

Every Monday my dad rides with a local motorcycle group. This group rides out to small town, eats dinner and visits, then rides back. While I think motorcycles are dangerous, I do enjoy riding on them so I joined my dad for the evening.

Other than feeling like a bobble-head for the first half of the trip, the ride was wonderful. I completely understand the appeal of motorcycles; it's just you and the open road, surrounded by the sights and smells of mother nature. It's hard not to feel inspired. I was so inspired for 30 seconds that I thought it might be great fun to live out in the middle of nowhere, among the green rolling hills and the peaceful quiet. Then I came back to my senses, had a panic attack, and realized that I am a city girl and will always be. I could never live that secluded. It was a nice thought, though.

My favorite part of the evening was being able to do something with my dad that he loves. He, too, is an inspiration. May everyone find something they're as passionate about as my father is about riding.

3 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

What a wonderful way to spend time with your Dad!!

Liz Harrell said...

Awww... that is so sweet! I guess it's like fishing with my dad, except I squeal and try not to touch the fish.

Dont worry about paint colors for your house. Start perusing decorating magazines and work from there. Now I find a picture of a room w/ the paint color I want, take it to the store and match it. No guessing. :)

teacherwoman said...

How fun! That is one of the reasons why I love cycling out in the open roads! So beautiful and so much to take in!