Monday, July 9, 2007

Exactly What I Needed



I was surrounded by photos today - my very own photos.

I have been looking at and reading about other's photography this past week, but obviously my soul really needed to experience its own. I feel rejuvenated and excited to get more involved with this wonderful hobby. I feel rejuvenated with life.

I ordered some photos online last week - just little snapshots of the events I have been a part of this summer - and they came in the mail today. I couldn't have been more thrilled, as you could see if you were here in my living room. Photos of loved ones strewn across the floor, empty frames waiting to be filled with memories. There is nothing more I love than to display the beautiful faces of my family and friends.

Today, my new D-SLR finally got to leave the apartment! My fiance bought it for me almost a month ago and I only felt brave enough to use it outdoors today! I'm absolutely crazy for this fact alone. We won't get into all the others. I'm a little saddened when I think about the all the shots and experience (I have so much to learn!) that I have been missing, but after today I feel empowered and ready to do more. I've quit worrying about something bad happening to my little girl and started making good things happen with her (I don't have children, but this camera feels like my baby, hence the "her" reference. Perhaps I'm insane for feeling so attached to an inanimate object, but it sure feels like an extension of myself.). Needless to say, I had a wonderful time being outdoors, doing what I love with someone I love along for the ride. Thanks, Mollie, for encouraging me in my hobby and pushing me to do more with it!

Today was exactly what I needed.

3 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Glad to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I understand how you feel about your camera... you should name her! Good luck w/ your photos, they'll be gorgeous!

utenzi said...

There's something sexy and grounding about a nice camera. I don't have a SLR but my main digital camera has the weight and heft of a SLR and it's very comforting to be holding something like that when you're out taking pictures. As you use your camera more and more, I'm sure your "relationship" with it will only grow stronger. Getting great pictures and sharing them with others just makes it all the better. Enjoy the journey!

Girl of Approval said...

Hope you got some great shots at University Park. My batteries died and we had to cut it short. Sad.