Friday, March 6, 2015

Spring Book Sale 2015

The library's spring book sale started yesterday and I headed over on my lunch break to see what treasures I could find.



Here are the 22 books I came home with for only $17.50 (79.5 cents per book!):


The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker.  The cover of this book caught my attention so I had to stop and read the synopsis.  I thought it sounded like a good read; I hope I'm right!

Talk Before Sleep by Elizabeth Berg

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt.  Apparently this book is very well known (where have I been?) and was even made into a movie (again, where have I been?).  Anyhoo, it sounds like this book has quite the cast of characters and a unique story that reads like a novel rather than a work of nonfiction.  Looking forward to diving into this story.

Incendiary by Chris Cleave.  I read Little Bee by Chris Cleave and thought it was a great book so I thought I'd check out another one of his works.

While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky

Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flagg.  I loved Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe and really enjoyed Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! so I had to grab this book by Fannie Flagg.  I don't think I'll be disappointed.

A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines

Saints in Limbo by River Jordan

The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle

The Good Daughters by Joyce Maynard.  I've never read anything by this author but thought this book sounded good; I also have Labor Day on my to-read list.

Someone by Alice McDermott.  I bought McDermott's Charming Billy at the spring book sale in 2012 but haven't yet read it!  So many books, not enough time!

Songs in Ordinary Time by Mary McGarry Morris


The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard

Before the Poison by Peter Robinson

Body Surfing by Anita Shreve.  I have several of Shreve's novels that I've grabbed over the last couple of book sales but I haven't read any of them yet.  Perhaps I should read one or two to see if I even like this author before grabbing more of her books!

The Sunday Philosophy Club by Alexander McCall Smith.  After researching this novel when I got home, I discovered it's the first in a series with the same name.  I'm not too thrilled about this; I generally don't read series because they don't hold my interest for the entirety but I want to know how things wrap up so I feel I need to keep reading to find out what happens.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.  This is probably my favorite book of all-time and though I didn't want a paperback version or the particular cover I found, I decided those things don't matter as much as actually having a copy of this beautiful novel.  If you've never read this, do it!

A Patchwork Planet by Anne Tyler

Magnolia Wednesdays by Wendy Wax

The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner.  I think this has the potential to be a very interesting read.

The Unfinished Garden by Barbara Claypole White


Happy reading!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Great finds! I picked up The Little Giant of Aberdeen County at the Fall Book Sale. I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

I really enjoyed A Lesson Before Dying and The God of Animals.

And the Geography of Bliss was really interesting. It's not a book I would typically read, but I liked it!