Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Crayon Box Exploded Again

I've said it before and now the statement is even more true: Our house looks like a crayon box exploded!  I think I'm even more in love with the colors we chose for our basement than what we chose for our upper level!

The guest room in a chocolaty brown.  My dad really hates this color but I think it's going to be a very cozy room; it will probably become my second bedroom when Mitch is snoring.  ;)  Can't wait to start the decorating process (of which I have no ideas right now)!


The bathroom in bright orange.  I really like this color and while I think it's currently a little "POW! IN YOUR FACE!" strong, I think once everything is installed and the bathroom is decorated, things will get toned down.


My scrapbooking room in pretty aquas!  I think this color scheme may be my most favorite of the entire house!  My only gripe (which I hope my wonderful husband will fix) is that the contrast between the lighter top and darker bottom isn't very distinct.  I'm hoping to convince Mitch to re-paint the upper portion a shade or two lighter so you can see more of a difference.  I can't wait to spend time creating in that cheerful little room!


The family room in gorgeous purples!  I think this color scheme comes in at an extremely close second as my favorite in the house!  This room is going to be so cozy when it's complete; I can't wait to spend time with Mitch and Crickett down there, watching TV and movies by the fireplace.


The other room in our basement is going to become my library and I chose to leave that white; I hope to incorporate a lot of colors with the decorating and books themselves.  It will definitely not be a boring room!  (How could it be with shelves and shelves of books?!)

Hopefully I'll have more pictures soon of the next phases of the basement completion: finish work, flooring, furnishing, and decorating!  It's so exciting to have our house finally coming together!

1 comment:

CountryDew said...

Every room in my house is off-white and I really wish it wasn't. However, my husband thinks that is the way it supposed to be. I try to add color with rugs, pillows, and curtains.