Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hello 2014

I cannot believe the alarming rate at which 2013 rushed by, leaving this poor little blog and me in the dust!  I sure hope 2014 decides to take on a slower pace, particularly during non-working hours.  I also hope that I learn to use my time a little more wisely (Oh, Pinterest, you incredibly wonderful time-sucker!).  And while there was nothing wrong with 2013, I'm excited to move on and see what 2014 has in store.  I have a very good feeling about this year even if I don't particularly like writing it on paper (sharp fours don't flow from the hand like round threes do).

As I get my thoughts and photos organized I plan to do a recap of those 2013 tidbits and events I didn't get around to talking about during the year.  For example, a little trip we took to Mexico (honestly can't believe I haven't posted anything about that vacation)!  For now, though, here are some random musings from my first three days of 2014.

New Year's Day was quiet and relaxing.  I had the day off from work and spent most of it reading, perusing Pinterest, finishing up a special list (update to follow!), watching a movie (Steel Magnolias was on television and I couldn't tear myself away; that movie gets me every.single.time!), and of course cuddling with Crickett.  While perusing Pinterest, I came upon this beautiful quote about the new year and thought I should share here (the art in the background is a section of of one of my sister's paintings - her work is so beautiful!):


My first work day of 2014 didn't get off to a great start; I woke up to my husband asking me if I was going in and when I looked at the clock I discovered I had overslept by 45 minutes.  Definitely a heart-racing way to start the day!  I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've overslept in my life and I'm hoping to never have to use my other hand to start counting.  I still managed to make it to work on time but I think 2014 is trying to tell me to look out, it's going to keep me on my toes!  Hey, at least I didn't miss my live morning television show. ;)

Al Roker Oversleeps

Yesterday was a very odd January day.  The high was 40 degrees - which in itself is a strange temperature to be seeing this month - and we got rain.  January and rain definitely don't go hand in hand here in North Dakota.  Of course, everything froze over night (some impressive sheets of ice out on the driveways and streets), and we are now back to living in our much more common, below-zero January temperatures.  (Tomorrow's HIGH is -20 degrees with windchill possibly reaching -50 degrees.  Oy!)


Be back soon!

No comments: