Thursday, December 9, 2010

Too Much Information

Am I pregnant? No.

Am I extremely bloated? Yes.

Do you need to know that I'm menstruating? No.

Did you find out anyway? Yes.

Do I care? No.


I'm in a sharing kind of mood. Sharing means caring here at our house so I guess that means I care greatly for my readers. So, let me discuss this bloating issue a little more with you all.

Mitch and I are going to Florida in several weeks. Can you guess what else will be joining me on our trip? If you guessed my dear, sweet period, you would be correct. I normally wouldn't care about this little annoyance except for the fact that I have to put on a swimsuit while we're down there. The thought of my pasty - hasn't seen the sun in YEARS (no joke) - stomach sticking out further than my boobs just doesn't sound like an awesome look. Any suggestions on how I can go about making this attractive?

On the bright side, my bloated belly will take some attention off that interesting orange-peel look I'm sporting on the back of my thighs.

I love being a woman . . .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh! i have these very same problems as you ... if you find the answer do share! :) I haven't worn a swimsuit in DONKEYS!! And I doubt I'll ever wear a bikini ever again in my life! So first of all ... go you for being courageous enough to wear one! (btw I'm sure you'll look grand) and secondly ... if all else fails and you're feeling self conscious, then HIDE!! ha ha

amber said...

The last couple years, I have not been fond of my stomach. I no longer have a flat six pack (no joke) that I did in high school.

This summer, I purchased a new swimming suit. It is two pieces, but looks like one. The top is kind of like a tankini.

Anyway, it's super cute. I looked for it online, but Target's swim suit selection is sparse right now.

Anyway, I hope you have a fabulous time in Florida! Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures of some sunshine! ;)

amber said...

Okay! I found a link to something similar that I purchased

http://tiny.cc/frz0v

You could also get a cover up thing too!

Unknown said...

practice standing up really straight, thus stretching the offending portion out more. get flowy shirts that fit just under the bust and then flare slightly.

and know that in Florida, the locals wear board shorts and full zip hoodies to the beach if the temperature is under 75-80

Caity said...

Aww you are too cute.

What about getting one of those swimsuits with a tank top? I love those. You can still get some really adorable ones.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Holly,

But I have too,

I can't help myself,

so here goes...

..."Cooooooommittment to Fitness"

:) Dad W.

Dana said...

If you are on the pill try this: if you will have another period before you go, start a new pack of pills as soon as the other one is empty. it should let you skip your period that month and then you will get it again before/ after your vacation depending on when it is. Any questions about it, email me. I have done it before and it works well!