Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Survey: Favorites

1. Favorite Christmas tradition.
My favorite Christmas tradition is one that was part of my childhood. On the evening of the 23rd, my parents, sister, and I would open presents at our house. On Christmas Eve, we would celebrate the holiday with my mom’s side of the family. We would attend midnight mass and then spend the night at my paternal grandparent’s farm. On Christmas Day, we celebrated with my dad’s side of the family. It was a very magical time and I’m so very lucky to have those wonderful memories.

2. Favorite Christmas ornament.
There are so many ornaments that I adore from my childhood and I don’t think I could pick a favorite. Here is one of the many that I love. I think the ornaments that I will come to cherish the most from the collection that Mitch and I have started are the two we bought last year.

3. Favorite Christmas decoration.
There have to be lights. It just wouldn’t be Christmas without the beautiful glow of Christmas lights.

4. Favorite holiday scent.
Definitely cinnamon.

5. Favorite Christmas song.
I have two and just can’t decide between them because they are so different. The competition is between "Angels We Have Heard on High” and “Silent Night.”

6. Favorite children’s Christmas song.
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

7. Favorite Christmas movie.
I have two (apparently I shouldn’t be doing this survey since I can’t decide on a favorite) – National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and Elf.

8. Favorite Christmas cartoon.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

9. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas dinner.
Grandma’s mashed potatoes.

10. Favorite holiday dessert.
Mint Dazzle.

11. Favorite candy cane flavor.
I’m a traditional gal and like the peppermint flavor.

12. Favorite Christmas colors.
I think the classic red and green, silver and gold, combinations are the best.

1 comment:

amber said...

Starburst candy canes are very yummy.

My favorite Christmas song would have to be O Holy Night.