Tuesday, December 14, 2010

One of Those Students and Depression

Tomorrow at this time I will be a free woman! At 4:00 tomorrow afternoon, my final final paper is due and I'll be skipping off happily into Christmas break. I'm quite seriously at the end of my rope with researching and writing papers; where are my beloved numbers?! I haven't seen nearly enough of them this semester and I'm going word crazy. My hatred for my classes this semester has gotten so bad that I've become one of THOSE students at which I used to shake my head. I've become one of those students who calculates how poorly they can do on their finals and still maintain a passing grade. If my calculations are correct, I will need a 58% on this last, excruciating paper in order to get an "A" on my transcript. The scary thing, however, is I'm not even sure I have that "F" in me. Ugh!

In other news: It looks like I have a bright, sunshiny future ahead of me. Health magazine recently came out with a list of 10 careers associated with high rates of depression and accountants made it onto the list! Yay! I have so much to look forward to . . .

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Papers are draining. Nuf said. Hope you enjoy your winter break!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! All the best finishing up, and enjoy your freedom over Christmas!

amber said...

Finals week - never fun!

I hope you enjoy your Christmas break!

Unknown said...

most accountants are not as pretty as you are, beat the odds

be the happy, no make that joyful, accountant!!

Denise said...

math and numbers make me depressed...glad i'm not the only one.

Karen said...

There's no way you could be one of those depressed accountants. You love math way too much! All those other guys are just hacks!