Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

I haven't made a New Year's resolution in years. New Year's has never been my holiday of choice nor have resolutions been my idea of a good time. This year, however, feels different. Something inside of me is saying that this is my year. Well, at least my year to set a few goals and tackle them. I don't think this is the year I win the lottery and get to travel around the world - I think that might be 2010.

I debated and debated yesterday whether or not to actually post my goals for 2009 on this blog. I'm a nervous person by nature so I try to avoid anything and everything that will cause me more anxiety. Sharing my silly little goals with the world seemed like a bad idea, but then I remembered who my readers are; I realized that even if I wrote that one of my goals was to stop picking my nose, you wonderful ladies would be backing me up 100%. Needless to say, the side of me that was screaming "Post your goals!" won and here I am. So, without further ado, here are my goals for the year of 2009.


* Start a photography blog *
Photography has been a passion of mine since the age of 15 and I thought it was about time I started sharing my passion with others. Twelve years of playing around with cameras, however, does not guarantee you'll see any masterpieces. I'll keep you posted as to when I get that blog up and running.

* Complete one photography course *
There have been several photography classes I have been eyeing over the past year or so and I've decided that instead of just thinking about all the things I could learn from one class, I'll actually take that one class and actually learn those things. Quite a concept, huh?

* Run one organized race *
I've only run one organized race in my life and it was back in high school. I think I'm long overdue to run another. I have my sights on a half marathon! The thought thrills me and makes me want to puke at the same time.

* Host one party *
I figure that since I'll have a house (I'll be an official homeowner by the end of today!) there really is no excuse for me not to have some kind of party at my place. I'll let you all know the date and time early so that you can mark it down on your calendars. I realize some of you will have quite a ways to travel!

* Watch one movie on my list *
Only one, you say? My husband made fun of me for only choosing one movie, but as I explained to him: I can't remember the last time I was able to cross a film off my "Movies to See" list. My husband and I don't watch a lot of movies and when we do, they aren't films that I had on my list. Hence my rationale for only saying one.

* Read one novel on my list *
Only one, you say? Well, when the library has book sales twice a year and you get 15 books or so at each sale, one tends to get distracted with those books and the list gets tossed aside. Plus, I have a tendency to get sidetracked at the library when I do go in search of a book on my list. I always manage to find something else that looks really good and that I'd rather read at the moment. Hence my rationale for saying one.

*Read one book series on my list *
I have several series that I want to read but like I mentioned above, there are good reasons for me only choosing one. I think I may read the "Twilight" series so that I can stay hip with the times.

*Read one instructional book on my list *
I only have two instructional books on my list (at this point in time) but they are both a little intense, so I think my brain will only be able to handle one, especially with all my other book distractions.

*Celebrate 25 days of Christmas *
I did not like how the Christmas 2008 season went down and I'm not going to let the Christmas cheer pass me by in Christmas 2009. If nothing else, I'm forcing it upon myself! Only kidding (or am I?)! There is definitely no reason for me to be a scrooge - I'll have a new house to decorate and cable television with cheesy Christmas movies all month long.


So there you have it, folks. 2009 is going to keep me quite busy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some awesome goals and I have no doubt that you will conquer every single one of them.

I am excited for your photography blog and your party! ☺

Kerri Farley said...

Fabulous goals! I am very proud of you for posting them!
I am SOOOOOO excited about the photography goals you have set! You inspire me!!

And that new Header shot.....Absolutely Awesome!! Can't wait to see more!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these goals are absolutely fabulous! I am sometimes hesitant to make goals, especially if they have the "New Year" tagged onto them. I hope that you are able to accomplish them all! :D

Unknown said...

im with ya on the novels thing, i never come out of the library with just what i went for (dvd is usually but i am not an organized person, so i have NO lists, unless you count the grocery list, i do make one of those, but thats as far as it goes, listwise.

Liz Harrell said...

Well, I think that is a great list. And totally do-able. That's one reason I stopped making New Year's resolutions, b/c they were too 'pie in the sky' and I never was able to pull them off. But I love your list. You can (and should) do every one of those. It looks like a fun year is in store for you!

Unknown said...

This is such a great list!!! I am pumped for you!! It makes me want to get motivated and get a list of my own!!! I did decide (I think) to try and complete at least one of my "things to do before I die list" each year. Not sure which one I'll pick, but I'm seriously tempted to make it the Hot Air Balloon ride! :) Love you girl!