Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow Day

Another blizzard rolled into the state last night (the millionth of the season) and school was actually cancelled today. I was surprised, relieved, and excited.

I thought about wasting the day away by going back to bed and then watching TV all day, but I guess another part of me had other plans. For a day of no work, I have been working pretty hard. I can't remember the last time I've gotten so much accomplished in one day. I decided to document the day with photos to show you how productive I can be when I put my mind to it!

I used my dishwasher for the first time. In fact, today was the first time I've ever used a dishwasher. I would mark this one down as one of the greatest inventions of all time! (You don't know what you're missing out on, mom and dad!)


After pulling the garbage to the curb, I shoveled the two-foot high snow drifts that were in front of the garages. I can tell you right now that I'm going to be sore tomorrow! I will not argue with my husband if he wants to invest in a snow-blower.

I worked on some lessons for my Algebra 2 course.

I did several loads of laundry.

I swept the hallway, kitchen/dining room, and living room. My husband will never believe this - it's a good thing I took a photo!

My plans for the rest of the day include blog reading and then simply relaxing. I have a neglected book calling for me and there is a show or two that I would like to watch on TV tonight. I'm so very glad I worked hard this afternoon because it's going to make this evening that much more enjoyable.

I hope you all had a wonderful Monday! Enjoy the rest of your day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good for you making the most of an unexpected day away from the job! the way it sounds you might be off the hook for tomorrow also! not here we are only suppose to get 1-3 inches and a daytime high in the mid 30's... oh, am i bragging? sorry. ;)

teacherwoman said...

Another snow day, huh? We had some pretty nasty weather here too, but nothing to keep us city folks out of school.

Looks like you had a very productive day. Let me know tomorrow how sore your upper body is from shoveling! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You did more in one day than I did all weekend. ;) I hope you enjoyed your evening!

Kerri Farley said...

I LOVE how you documented your day!! We haven't had any measurable snow here so far this year. I guess you're getting it all :)