Wednesday, December 9, 2015

101 in 1001, Round 2 - Update 6

Today I got my very first piano!  It's strange but so very exciting to know that this beauty is mine and I can sit down and play in my own home any time I want (well, almost any time - I'm sure Mitch and Crickett still want to sleep at night)!


I knew I wanted a piano when I had my own house.  I also knew that I wanted that piano to be an old upright.  Upright pianos are beautiful not only for their size but the lovely little details that make them so unique.

Once our basement was complete and we settled in with the furniture, I started perusing the local classified ad website for pianos.  Mitch and I looked at two pianos during the last week in November and I was sold on this one.  Not only was she beautiful, she was free!  The only cost we incurred (thus far) was hiring a moving company to get her from the previous owner's house to our house.


She isn't perfect but I never expected to find an old piano that was.  She has her fair share of chips, knicks, and scratches but there is history here and there is something very special about that.  Mitch and I will be getting her cleaned, tuned, and repaired (a minor - hoping minor! - pedal issue) in the near future and then it will be time to get these rusty fingers back in piano-playing shape!  I can't wait!


So while I may not have technically "bought" a piano, I now own one and can cross this task off my 101 in 1001 list.  What a wonderful day!

No comments: